ARRIBA! MELBOURNE MEXICAN FESTIVAL IS AN
FESTIVAL DATES AND TIMES
SATURDAY, OCT 26
SUNDAY, OCT 27
ARRIBA! Melbourne Mexican Festival is a free Mexican themed event that honours the Mexican Heritage and Culture.
The emphasis is on Mexican cuisine, its folklore, Day of the Dead Celebration, dance, music, bright costumes, and "mariachis". Melbourne residents will celebrate this vibrant festival this October 26th and 27th.
The entertainment program includes performances by various artists, Day of the Dead celebration, live music, dance and DJs.
Typically Mexican cuisine such as salsa, guacamole, tacos, enchiladas, burritos, and fajitas highlight the menu.
Day of the Dead (Dia de Muertos) is the main concept of the festival! So get ready for a weekend full of skulls, face painting and a lot of costumes. Day of the dead costume recommended but not mandatory.
Arguably Mexico's most famous festival, The Day of the Dead is not about death, but life. “Hay más tiempo que vida,” goes a Mexican saying. “There is more time than life.”
Day of the Dead is a time when people remember and honour their deceased loved ones, with the idea that the spirits return on this one day of the year to be together with their families. Festivities take place in cities and villages throughout Mexico honouring their dead.
"Day of the Dead" and more about celebration of life. Graves are decorated with flowers and an altar, with food and drink laid out to encourage the souls of the departed to join in the fun. Living family members also gather for a reunion and make the event a proper party.
We will showcase Melbourne's rich and diverse Mexican culture trough;
• Cuisine: Over 25 Mexican and Latino-American vendors providing a wide range of street foods.
• Margarita garden: A fully licensed area with DJs and bar serving over 5 different styles of Margaritas and other alcoholic options.
• Handcrafts: Local manufacturers and importers displaying a selection of Mexican and Latin American handcrafted products.
• Entertainment: Mariachis, folk, live bands and DJs performing throughout the entire event.
• Kids Area: With a wide option and attractions for children’s activities.
Arriba! Melbourne Mexican Festival is forecasted to grow and expand over the coming years achieving recognition within Melbourne’s greater community.
KEEP OUR PARK GREEN & CLEAN